Wednesday, August 1, 2012

My Beginning in the End - "Stronger"


Dear Migraine, Lupus, Sjogren's and Dystonia: 

There are times I let you get to me.  Days when I feel that I can't even breathe.  The pain of my cries are only surpassed by the agony of choking back the sobs.  You didn't think that I'd come back swinging.  You try to break me, but you see...

I remember:

"You think you got the best of me. Think you've had the last laugh. Betcha think that everything that's good is gone. Think ya left me broken down. Baby you don't know me cuz you're DEAD WRONG.  

You know I dream in color, and do the things I want. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Stand a little taller, just me myself and I. Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone! What doesn't kill you makes a fighter. Footsteps even lighter. Doesn't mean I'm over cuz you're" here. 

"Thanks to you I got a new thing started.  Thanks to you I'm not the broken-hearted. Thanks to you I'm finally thinking about me. 

You know in the end the day you" came "was just my beginning in the end... "



Music video and lyrics by Kelly Clarkson performing Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You). (C) 2011 RCA Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment

No comments: