Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Where Am I? - HAWMC #5

wanted my 400th blog post here at WEGO Health to be something a little special.  This is the fifth day of the challenge.  I've already missed a couple days as a result of vacation, but I'll be making them up soon.   I don't know a lot about poetry, but here goes - a Haiku (complete with shimo - no- ku). I hope this helps describe being trapped in a body that suffers Alzheimer's Disease
 

Where am I?

I am still with you.
I live in the moment - now.
In my own story.
 
Look at me. Touch me. Love me.
I dance to my own music.



These Haikus are harder than they look!  How did I do?????  Let me know below :)

Comment by JordanB on April 6, 2011 at 12:05pm
This was an excellent post. I haven't written a shimo-no-ku before but I know from experience that Haikus are easy to write but difficult to say anything with. I think you've managed to say something here.
Comment by Carol on April 6, 2011 at 12:42pm
usually they include one reference to a season. Thus perhaps withered leaf, snow footprints...and a contrast, thus (I didn't write it). In 5-7-5 syllables, the poem would cover a lot of territory.

Sick and feverish
Glimpse of cherry blossoms
Still shivering.


Comment by Alicia C. Staley on April 6, 2011 at 8:08pm
400 posts??? Amazing work Ellen! You are still he sharing an incredible amount of information - please keep up the great work. Alicia

No comments: