Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Migraine Awareness Month Blogging Challenge #27: "In My Head and Heart"

AwarenessMonth2012BC2 Today's prompt is:
Migraine Awareness Month Blogging Challenge #27: "In My Head and Heart" Who inspires you to keep trying and not give up, despite your Migraines?
My answer to this post is uncharacteristically short...

My children.



When they see me suffer and fight Migraine, they are taught that we can live with Migraine and not have our lives ruled by it.

When they see me lose a fight to Migraine, they learn that life isn't defined by those moments that knock us off our feet, but by how many times we get up afterward.

When they see me win a fight with Migraine, they see that it's possible to win and how important it is to not give up the fight.

When they see me smile, I hope that they realize that being happy is possible despite chronic health issues that sideline us.

I hope someday when I'm finally home in heaven, my kids will talk about my strength and the things my fight has taught them... how to live their lives well despite the toughest things life can throw in our direction.

I hope living my life this way shows them that there is always hope.

But most of all, I don't want anyone to have to settle for less than they need, and am determined to be one more voice... one more place to go for information... one more site that spreads the word that we can still live good lives even when we have chronic Migraine... that the stigma that reigns supreme today can someday be obliterated.

That's what I try to accomplish anyway...

~Ellen

National Migraine Awareness Month is initiated by the National Headache Foundation. The Blogger's Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com.

To help raise awareness about Migraine, please Tweet this post with the hash tags #NMAM and #NMAMBC and share it on your Facebook page. Thank you!

No comments: